Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FAUX GRILLING...

something to put on your menu-
OVEN-BAKED-BACON-CHICKEN-SHISH-KEBABS

i love veggies fresh off the grill more than a lot. but sometimes when it's raining or when the temperatures are approximately two thousand degrees it just isn't the right time to cook outside. so this recipe works nicely for faux grilling...

INGREDIENTS
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
veggies of your choice (i used bell pepper, mushroom, and pineapple)
1 package bacon
2/3 C brown sugar
2 T chili powder

DIRECTIONS
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
cut bacon strips in half.
wrap the bacon around the chicken and put on skewers.
alternate with veggie chunks (tossed lightly with olive oil, pepper and salt).
mix the brown sugar and chili powder.
sprinkle the mixture generously over skewers with the mixture and place in pan.
bake for 30-35 minutes.
mmm, mmm!

11 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

i would like to put those in my mouth right now please. oh wait, i can't because i'm about to meet you for lunch at hickory street! woo hoo!

Tara G. said...

This recipe sounds delicious! The Ukrainians call these shashlik and oh my word, they are always so good!!

Unknown said...

I made this tonight with a few of my own variations (of course). I kept the chicken/bacon/seasonings the same. And yumm-o. It was easy and yummy.

Heather said...

Can I request this next time I come over? Yummy!! It looks delish!

Ashley McWhorter said...

YUMMY!!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

These look great! I can't wait to try it.

bethany said...

Just popped these in the over the smell is divine! Thanks for the recipe - can't wait to eat them!!

Jennifer W said...

I made these the night after I read this. D-I-V-I-N-E. I've already shared it with my coworkers and had rave reviews. :)

Katie Norwood said...

I found your blog through Kristin and have been reading for a while! I made this last night and my husband and I both loved it. I'm really excited now because the leftovers are in my fridge at work for my lunch. Yay! :-) Thanks for the good idea!

Wendy said...

Just made these for dinner and they are now in Chris' top 10 fav recipes! They were so easy and VERY yummy! Keep sharing recipes bc I love trying out new stuff and the pictures are a great help too!

Jennifer W said...

I still pull up this post every time I make this recipe... Like right now! It is a family favorite around here :) Thanks lady.