Monday, June 1, 2009

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ON THE FIRST...

my FIRST IMPRESSION of "NOT ME MONDAY"

how perfect that the first of this month falls on a monday. because do i have a story for you.
i've been inspired to take part in mckmamma's "not me monday" today (click here), mostly because i feel that it is the only way this story can ever be told. so just to be clear, this story is not about me, okay? this most definitely did not happen to me last month...

while on a mission to drop off muffins at the hospital, i did not get lost in the very place i have visited over 50 times since moving to houston.

and i did not have to cut my hospital visit short because i spent so long trying to find the rooms in the first place that it was already time to go once i finally got there.

i did not give up my search for a bathroom on my way to the parking garage, even though i needed to go quite badly.

i did not get stuck in traffic for over an hour as i left the hospital to go to my haircut appointment.

of course i did not change my appointment time once, twice, three times along the drive (or lack there of) as i continued to sit in traffic and miss each new appointment time.

i did not obsess with how i should have canceled a stupid hair appointment to spend more time with the families at the hospital instead.

nor did i add an entire tall bottle of smartwater to my already full bladder to pass the time in the eternal traffic jam.

when i finally did arrive at my destination i most certainly did not valet park at a swanky department store, to be "on time" for my appointment to frantically find a restroom.

when every restroom at the department store was suddenly m.i.a. i did not do a full-out potty dance while waiting for the elevator.

i did not feel a small trickle begin to flow as i climbed into the elevator.

and i did not have to call the salon and reschedule yet another time in order to go find a nearby store to buy a cheap pair of pants to wear instead of my now wet ones.

i definitely did not give up on that search and do the walk of shame through the mall halls and right into the hair salon with wet pants instead.

and i didn't make up a cover-up story in my head about how my drink embarrassingly spilled in my lap just in case anyone asked.

nor did i make a poor attempt to tie my three-quarter sleeve cardigan around my waist for coverage.

i didn't breathe a sigh of relief when the receptionist told me that after all this scheduling drama i would have to have a different hairdresser do my hair this once.

of course i wasn't happy at all that someone i would never have to face again would see me in this state of wetness, instead of my usual hair guy.

i did not go just a little bit crazy on the new hairdresser who wanted to wait to put my cape on until after i was already seated in the wash station chair.

and i didn't try to indiscreetly wipe off the chair upon standing up.

i most definitely didn't spend the entire haircut wondering if the plastic covers on the salon chairs were originally installed with pant-wetting 29-year-olds in mind or small children.

and i did not walk out with out tipping the person who did my haircut because walking that walk of shame through the salon one more time would be more than i could handle.

and most importantly i did not fall in love with the way the new hairdresser did my hair.

i
didn't love the cut so much so that i wish i could go to him every month so he could give me this same exact cut.

i did not seriously consider using him again after sitting for an hour in his hair cutting chair with pee in my pants.

nope, not me. i would never do anything like that.


here's proof that i did not get a haircut recently (just a little shorter and a few more layers)
and the little girl with hair that definitely does not need a haircut anytime soon.

35 comments:

Unknown said...

hee hee- i love it! i'm sorry about your crazy day last month... i mean somebody's- not yours.

Anonymous said...

How funny! I am in the waiting room while my son gets his surgery today and I just knew this would be the best way to pass the time!! thanks for the laugh! I can't find where to get my not me's over to mckmomma, how;d ya do it?

Leslie Hokanson said...

hahaha :) Oh Annalee, I love you! and your new cute haircut!!! We missed y'all last night! Swimming this week? Just name the day. :)
Leslie

JENNY said...

haha! What a funny story. I love the way you told it!

chesley said...

that's hilarious! sorry you had to endure it, but thanks for the laugh! i looked down during church yesterday & realized i had my dress on backwards, but i don't think that's quite as bad :-)!

Amanda said...

All I can say is bless your heart.

Wendy said...

you are so funny! thanks for being brave to NOT admit to something that could possibly happen to us all or might NOT have happened to us all.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh, Annalee! This is one of the best "Not Me Mondays" I've ever read!!! You poor thing...stories of personal embarassment are never easy to share but somehow they make us all feel normal when we hear them. :)

kristin fulghum said...

you have most definitely NOT ever done that before...right?

Jennifer said...

You are too funny! Are you going to show us the haircut?

Kathryn said...

That was absolutely hilarious! I agree that the "not me" format was perfect for telling that story. Who would have ever drunk too much tea at a dinner party for someone's 16th BD (many moons ago) and peed in the car on the way home because said person was lost in a neighborhood and there were no public restrooms? NOT ME! And before the flood gates opened, who would have tried to get out and go beside the car (it was dark out) but had to stop because a cop turned onto the street with bright motorcycle lights? NOT ME! I'm glad you and I can boast such great bladder control.

Cassie said...

I'm glad that didn't happen to you because I'm not sure I could be friends with a 29 year old pants wetter:) I laughed out loud at the entire story...it just got better and better.

And the silver lining is that you LOVE your hair. I think we need pictures.

Ashley McWhorter said...

Oh, Annalee! This makes me laugh!! Don't worry, we have ALL been there. At least I have. Especially after having 3 children. HA!!! :)

Oh, show us a picture of the new haircut!

Jennifer W said...

I DO NOT know what you are talking about. I DID NOT pee the bed with Kevin in it a few years ago. I NEVER EVER pee my pants anymore, NOT even a little bit when I sneeze... or laugh... or exert a tad to much pressure. I DO NOT do that. And I love that YOU DON'T either. =)

Heather said...

My husband is asking me what I am laughing at. Hilarious!! Poor thing! I think I should apologize for laughing out loud, you crack me up!!

elizabeth said...

Wow, Annalee! This was the best story to read on a Monday--made me laugh out loud! :) Love it!

Donna Jo said...

Annalee you are hilarious! That sounds exactly like something I would do!

Lauren said...

Your story was so funny. I hope you don't have any more Mondays like that in the near future :) Thanks for making me smile today. I also loved the way you used a crafty disguise in your storytelling.

LB said...

Laugh out loud funny! Bless your heart . . . that's one for the books!

April Jackson said...

That is funny! Thanks for starting my week out with a smile:)

Grammy Sherri said...

That's (not) my girl!!!!
Mom

Kristina said...

Oh Annalee!! Bless your little heart!! I laughed, but almost cried for you.

The Nashville Nosher said...

oh I love that story!!!!

Kelli said...

I did not start squirming when I started reading this story since I did not know how it was going to end. :) Bless your heart friend!

Emily said...

Oh, that is just terrible! I mean if it HAD really happened that is... ;)

Kiki said...

That is too funny!

Unknown said...

No, No, NOOOO!!! I am laughing out loud. I thought I was to the funny part when I pictured you doing the pee-pee dance waiting on the elevator...but nope, that was just the BEGINNING of the story!!!! Too, too funny... and I cannot wait for my girl to get some hair so we can have a "water spout" like Miss Adelaide's!!! SO cute! Your hair looks great, too!

Sara S. said...

This is hilarious! What a fun read! Thanks for sharing!

Katelyn said...

I really like your new hair cut!! It almost makes me want to cut mine off. :)

Pam Bowers said...

he..he..funny. Man, am I glad that didn't happen to you!!!

hannah said...

you are hilarious!

Megan said...

I most definitely did not almost wet myself reading this post. You're too, too funny!! Your hair looks so cute, though!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell who wants to go swimming more--the child or the momma. Have fun!!

Angie said...

Hee hee hee...it's NOT your fault, it's baby girl's (the pee situation)--bladders are never the same. :-)

Tara G. said...

I am so tickled! Bless your heart! If it makes you feel any better, last year after baby #3 was born, I had such issues that I thought I'd be in Depends for the rest of my life. Hello, Kegels, you're my new BFF.